Membership in the Fairfax Genealogical Society is open to any individual or organization. The official membership year runs from July 1 to June 30. Individuals may join at any time, however, and we encourage candidates to begin the process as soon as is convenient. Our membership chair will process your application and get you into the system so that you may start reaping the benefits of membership right away.
How to Join
How to Renew
To renew a membership at the same level, please log in to the Member's Only page HERE and click on "Profile." Members are able to renew their membership online at the same membership level beginning 60 days before it expires.
If you wish to renew outside this window or change your membership level (i.e. to a 3-year or Life membership), please complete the Membership application and return it to the membership chair. Questions regarding membership can be sent to the Vice President for Membership at email@example.com.
- Invitation to all Society programs, including SIG events, field trips, and other special events.
- Subscription to the Fairfax Genealogical Society Newsletter, including access to archived issues.
- Access to the Society's Members Only Website.
- Participation in the Surname Exchange List.
- Inclusion on the Society's Membership Email List.
- Access to the Society's recording library of past programs and conferences.
- Discount on registration to the Society's Annual Spring Conference.
- 20% discount on Society publications.
- 40% discount on the Federation of Genealogical Societies' FORUM, a quarterly interactive electronic magazine
Membership Categories and Dues
The society's membership categories are as follows:
- Individual Membership ($35.00)
- 3-Year Individual Membership ($100.00)
- Family Membership ($50.00)
- Organization Membership ($35.00)
- Lifetime Membership ($520)
- Honorary Lifetime Membership is presented for exceptional service to the Society or to the theory and/or practice of genealogy by the Executive Board.
We regularly distinguish those members making a significant contribution to the Society through citations, certificates of appreciation, and recognition at our meetings.